Sunday, February 10, 2008

I ran across this blog...

Whenever I have a little extra time, but I don't really feel up to actually DOING anything, I sit and kill some brain cells on the computer. If I'm not chatting with my wise mommy friends, then I'm often playing games. But when I'm not doing that, I'm blog hopping. I pick a blog I like and then I go through their lists of blogs to see if any catch my eye. When I see one I like, I add it to my list of blogs. But today I found a blog that I've been spending a lot of time looking through. She does a lot of cute things and they're things that I think, "I could probably do that." She seems to be like me and doesn't want to make something totally from scratch, but will use store-bought (or thrift-store-bought) items and fix them up to make something new.

One thing she did was to take your average solid colored tee shirt and used a bleach pen to make a design on it. Very cute outcome!

Or for her son, she took tee shirt with an emblem on it that she didn't like and embroidered some cute fabric over it.

And these cute magnets. I've tried to do these before with Owen's face on them to give to his grandparents, but the glass acts as a magnifying glass and made him look a little strange. I like her idea of using old books and even catalogs. I especially like the Richard Scarry ones. Brings back childhood memories. Although I think I would have trouble cutting up a Richard Scarry book. Maybe I can find one in REALLY bad shape so that I won't mind so much.

And how adorable are these shirts? I'm not sure Eric would consider them manly enough for his boys to wear though...I guess there's just one way to find out.

And these aprons.

And this mobile is such a cute little decorating idea. It looks like it would be easy, but I would have to put it REALLY high to keep it from being demolished. ;-D

And last, but not least, I'm going to HAVE to give this freezer paper stenciling a try. She says it's easy. I hope she's right.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany