Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DIY Puff Paint


I ran across this blog the other day and thought the puff paint looked like a really fun idea. And the best part is that I didn't have to worry about it when my 21 mo kept repeating "Candy!" and ate the paint. Unfortunately I have all-purpose flour, not self-rising, so I looked up the conversion for it and it worked pretty good although our might not have puffed quite as much as hers. I've included my revised recipe below for using all-purpose flour. And my kids are SLOW painters so I nuked it about every 5 minutes and then let them add more to it.


DIY Puff Paint
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
water
food coloring

Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Then add water until it is a thick paint consistency. Separate into 3 or 4 small bowls and add food coloring to get desired colors.

Paint picture on thin cardboard or on cardstock using paint brushes or cotton swabs (you might try putting in a squeeze bottle to squeeze it on). Microwave about 30 seconds and it will puff up.




And here's our finished product. I'm sure it's not to impressive to most, but as their mom, I'm proud.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany