Monday, January 28, 2008

Getting ready for V-day.

I got an idea for making various garlands for various holidays from Jenny at allsorts. But I thought I'd buy the cute little wooden letters and string them together to make my saying. Sinc Valentine's Day is coming up, I decided that would be my first attempt. But when I got to Hobby Lobby I found some really cute little wooden hearts. They came with 10 hearts in the package for right around $2, so I decided to use those for my garland instead and to just put my letters on the hearts after I altered them. I found a cute little set of mismatched letters for under $2 there too.


My original plan was to paint the letters white, but after I finished altering the hearts, I realized they would blend in with the background too much, so I finally decided (with a little help from my friends) to do them brown. It kind of gives a chocolatey feel to them, and what is more Valentiney than chocolate?


I think it turned out really great and if I have the chance to go back, I think I'll get another set try something a little different with.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany